Children with FASD of all ages may exhibit inappropriate sexual behaviours.
- All children and adolescents are curious about sexuality but individuals with FASD may need extra support learning about healthy sexuality for very complex reasons.
- They may have difficulty interpreting social cues from others.
- Caregivers may worry that their children and youths with FASD have difficulty understanding social boundaries, even with strangers.
- Children with FASD are highly tactile and may expose or explore their bodies at inappropriate times.
- Individuals with FASD may be vulnerable to harmful influences from others.
Pascal Gagné will explain indicators, as well as strategies for caregivers.